Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Salesforce ticket to Jira story

HI Champions

Is there any way we can connect the salesforce tickets that are created as priority basis to Jira story? i mean any config changes in Jira and sf or Jira plugins.

We are thinking to import salesforce ticket that is created  to automatically create a corresponding Jira story for the particular project. Also based on the set of answers user answer in salesforce while creating a ticket should determine the priority that should automatically set in Jira story when first created.

with this i'll have many more questions. Please send me the link or any suggestions to start this big integration. Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

Daya

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Dayananda you have to look around "jira salesforce" integration. There are some plugin that can help you or you have to "deploy" a solution by yourself... 

Some of these are

- Service rocket Salesforce and jira server connector

- Go2Group Salesforce CRM to jira connector

And starting HERE  you can find more items

HI Fabrizio

Thanks for your suggestion on this yes, these plugins will definitely help us to form a connection between salesforce ticket and Jira story. but specifically I am getting these 2 questions at this point.

1. Can we have some projects using the default Priority field values (High, Medium, Low etc) and other projects using a numeric value for the Priority field?
2. How can the Priority field for a Jira issue be updated by an external application? What is the best way to do that? If API, can you please point us to the relevant documentation on how to do that.

Thanks

Daya

Hi again Daynanda, 

1. First off all, jira starting from version 7.6 has added priority schema, so you can have different priority values in different projects. If this is something connected to your first question, remember that with these connector usually you can remap field value or manage a different field copy that can bypass that situation.

2. You want to change the value for a single issue? usually you procede with a rest call

something like this

(to the URL /rest/api/2/issue/TEST-123) 
{"update":{"priority":[{"set":{"name" : "High"}}]}}

Not sure about the sintax (could be wrong) but JIRA has a nice kb that you can use.

If this request is connected to the first one (salesforce integration) remember that usually yhe connector has already "update" capability and remap field value.

Hi @Dayananda Venkatesha '

Salesforce and Jira integration can also be done using a connector.

A connector, however, is a more preferred option over custom integration. A connector, as the name suggests, uses the APIs of both the platforms to connect both the tools. It is usually an app that can do much more than a custom integration.

Try - Sinergify—a Salesforce & Jira Connector

I hope it helps!

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you