Salesforce ticket to Jira story

Dayananda Venkatesha February 20, 2018

HI Champions

Is there any way we can connect the salesforce tickets that are created as priority basis to Jira story? i mean any config changes in Jira and sf or Jira plugins.

We are thinking to import salesforce ticket that is created  to automatically create a corresponding Jira story for the particular project. Also based on the set of answers user answer in salesforce while creating a ticket should determine the priority that should automatically set in Jira story when first created.

with this i'll have many more questions. Please send me the link or any suggestions to start this big integration. Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

Daya

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

Hi Dayananda you have to look around "jira salesforce" integration. There are some plugin that can help you or you have to "deploy" a solution by yourself... 

Some of these are

- Service rocket Salesforce and jira server connector

- Go2Group Salesforce CRM to jira connector

And starting HERE  you can find more items

Dayananda Venkatesha February 21, 2018

HI Fabrizio

Thanks for your suggestion on this yes, these plugins will definitely help us to form a connection between salesforce ticket and Jira story. but specifically I am getting these 2 questions at this point.

1. Can we have some projects using the default Priority field values (High, Medium, Low etc) and other projects using a numeric value for the Priority field?
2. How can the Priority field for a Jira issue be updated by an external application? What is the best way to do that? If API, can you please point us to the relevant documentation on how to do that.

Thanks

Daya

Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Hi again Daynanda, 

1. First off all, jira starting from version 7.6 has added priority schema, so you can have different priority values in different projects. If this is something connected to your first question, remember that with these connector usually you can remap field value or manage a different field copy that can bypass that situation.

2. You want to change the value for a single issue? usually you procede with a rest call

something like this

(to the URL /rest/api/2/issue/TEST-123) 
{"update":{"priority":[{"set":{"name" : "High"}}]}}

Not sure about the sintax (could be wrong) but JIRA has a nice kb that you can use.

If this request is connected to the first one (salesforce integration) remember that usually yhe connector has already "update" capability and remap field value.

4 votes
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2021

Hey @Dayananda Venkatesha

Were you able to find a solution?

We just released a new version of Exalate that allows you to integrate Salesforce with any of these products (Jira included).

You can automatically create Jira tickets based on a Salesforce query and vice-versa with our Trigger functionality. 
As you mention in @Fabrizio Galletti post. You can sync priorities without these needing to match.

Here is the guide that explains how to integrate the two:

Let me know if this helps,

1 vote
Shubham Gupta April 22, 2021

Hi @Dayananda Venkatesha '

Salesforce and Jira integration can also be done using a connector.

A connector, however, is a more preferred option over custom integration. A connector, as the name suggests, uses the APIs of both the platforms to connect both the tools. It is usually an app that can do much more than a custom integration.

Try - Sinergify—a Salesforce & Jira Connector

I hope it helps!

Thanks

0 votes
Swayam_Sinergify June 19, 2022

Hi Dayananda, 

The task you are trying to accomplish can be configured in Sinergify just as an additional step. 

This connector, by default, has bi-directional Jira Project - Salesforce Ticket Mapping. 

You can refer to the  Product Documentation to know more in detail. 

Thanks

Swayam

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2022

Hi there. I see you had plenty of options. I'd like to add another one. A no-code integration tool that works bi-directionally and syncs various types of data. It's called ZigiOps. Fully customizable, ZigiOps can be tailored to fit any use case you have regarding Salesforce Jira integration. Feel free to take a look at it (even for future reference) and just in case you want to see how it can handle the integration - book a demo. Regards - Diana(ZigiWave)

Suggest an answer