SSL connection between jira service management

dujas February 14, 2022

Hi Guys,

I am trying to set up SSL connection between jira service management and postgresql. What I did is as below:

1. Installed jsm at first

2. Generated server.crt on postgresql server (the server.crt is generated from internal PKI system)

3. Turned on SSL on postgresql server, I verified it as well

4. Copied server.crt to jsm server /tmp folder and stopped jsm, modified dbconfig.xml:

<url>jdbc:postgresql://<ip_address>:5432/jiradb?ssl=true&sslmode=verify-full&sslrootcert=/tmp/server.crt</url>

5. Start jsm

Once the url is loaded, it navigated me to the setup page instead of the previous login one, it seems the dbconfig.xml is not recognized at all. Same issue I found in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Secure-postgres-JDBC-connection/qaq-p/1708162#U1943398, but there is no explicit solution in it.

Could anyone have any suggestion for this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jason

1 answer

1 vote
dujas February 15, 2022

Well, I finally figured out the issue, jdbc string should be like:

<url>jdbc:postgresql://<ip_address>:5432/jiradb?ssl=true;sslmode=verify-full;sslrootcert=/tmp/server.crt</url>

The delimeter must be ";" instead of "&". Btw, I did not import the crt to keystore on jira server.

Jacob Francois March 22, 2023

When i try to use ";" i get an error. When i use "&" i don't get any errors but Jira asks me to set up a new data base. Have you seen this before. 

Suggest an answer