SSIS job to trigger Jira Rest API, returns 403 error from SQL server

SneekyGenie July 28, 2021

Hi,

I have a problem here that is related to both Jira Rest API, and SQL server.

I have an SSIS package to consume REST API GET request to extract Jira data into our SQL server.

I used basic authentication (username/password) in the HTTP connection manager for Jira authentication. The SSIS package works fine on my local machine using Visual Studio 2017. But when the SSIS job is ran on SQL server, the job fails. I keep getting a 403 Forbidden error message, please see attached error message from SQL server. From what I understand, it looks like the SQL server does not have permission to access Jira REST API.

Can anybody please give me some ideas of how to resolve this? I think the Jira admin would have to grant permission to the SQL server. But I am not sure if permission should be granted to the SQL server machine, or the service account that I use to log on to SQL server. FYI our Jira is on-prem, and the SSIS package is ran under an proxy account if you have experience in using SQL server agent to schedule SSIS jobs. 

Thanks and much appreicated for any suggestions. 

118070-403-error-1st-page.png118058-403-error-2nd-page.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SneekyGenie August 14, 2021

It turns out that our Jira is OKTA authenticated. The Jira admin created a service account to bypass OKTA and it worked!

Suggest an answer