SQLServer with Kerberos authentication

Fabien Bergeret March 12, 2018

There are 2 ways for an application to authenticate to SQL Server. The first one, using username/password is well described in the installation process.

The second one, using Kerberos and a keytab file, is not even described.

Is this authentication to DB available on JIRA ? I ask this question because my company policy is to use Kerberos/keytab and not username/password

Regards,

4 answers

1 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021
0 votes
KrithVe August 19, 2022

Unfortunately with strong encryption AES256, it does not connect. Krb5.conf, keytab are all generated fine , but connecting to Jira with strong Kerberos encryption is still an issue. 

0 votes
KrithVe December 1, 2020

Hi,

I’m able to use keytab with rc4 encryption but not with aes256

keytab generated with rc4, krb5 file updated with rc4. They all connect to Jira fine. They do not connect to dB at all when keytab generated with aes256 and krb5 updated with aes256. I end up with KDC 14 error. 

0 votes
Tanmay Shirnalkar June 1, 2020

Hi Fabien, are you able to find any solution on this ? I'm also looking to connect to PostgreSQL DB via Kerberos authentication as Username/Password is not allowed in our org too.

Please let me know if you got any alternative..

Mathieu GALATRY June 1, 2020

Hi, 

Unfortunately, no technical solution. We had to request our security team for a security exemption :-(

Tanmay Shirnalkar June 1, 2020

Thanks Fabien for your reply !

Suggest an answer