SQL to dump Components by Project?

Robert Leachman May 6, 2024

We run Data Center and I can execute SQL. We need to provide a list of all our configured Project/Component combinations.

The closest thing I found online works all the issues and reports the count of issues by Component, which is close I suppose but comes short of the goal.

Can someone help with this query please? Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Here is a simple SQL that will list all the projects and their components with some of the component details:

Select
p.pname,
p.pkey,
c.cname,
c.description,
c.LEAD,
c.ASSIGNEETYPE,
c.ARCHIVED,
c.DELETED
From
project p Inner Join
component c On p.ID = c.PROJECT

You can decide whether or not to include archived or deleted components.

Robert Leachman May 6, 2024

Perfect :) Thank you very much PDS!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Hello @Robert Leachman 

What exactly is your goal?

This will get you a list of all the components and the project with which each one is associated, with all the information for each component and project record.

SELECT * FROM component as "co"
left join project "pr" on co.project = pr.id

Robert Leachman May 9, 2024

Thank you Trudy!

My company drives issue triage from the Project/Component combination and we want to audit our Jira configuration and make sure it matches up properly to the business teams. Lots of meta beyond listing the Project Lead.

Your query is great!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events