SQL Server setup screen

Robert Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

So.

How does one get a JDBC URL past the database screen? It wants a host, and a port, a database name, a username and a password, but I need more.

I need to add integratedSecurity=true

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Robert Egan 

You can update  dbconfig.xml file to add those params.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/use-integrated-authentication-with-sql-server-in-jira-server-939494383.html

File should be located here

1. C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA (on Windows) 
  2. /var/atlassian/application-data/jira (on Linux)

At the root of you JIRA_HOME

Regards

Robert Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

Yes, and no, 

Yes, you can edit dbconfig.xml after installation, but to do it this way you must install using SQL Authentication first. You can then switch it over. I did that the last time, but was hoping to avoid it this time.

What I did this time around was select H2 (the demo option), exit the setup process right after that, and then edited the config file. It then realized the SQL Server database was empty and populated it.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not actually documented anywhere, but it worked so there's always that.

Another important thing to note is that the existing documentation about the required files is WRONG. You do not use the library version for JRE 11. You still use the JRE version 8 library. It took me almost two weeks of trial and error to figure that one out.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events