SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASEEEE - Resolution showing as unresolved

Angela Deng August 3, 2018

I've been trying to figure this out for the past 3 hours and I think I made it even worse :( 

I'm taking over a new project in JIRA and the Resolution field is not updating when tasks are completed. All tasks say "Unresolved". 

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 4.40.59 PM.png

The currently workflow is the simplified workflow set up by the previous admin,

Open --> In Progress --> Internal Review --> Done 

I am hoping to have the Resolution field to change to Resolved whenever it goes to the Done status. Can anyone help me? 

I updated the workflow trying to resolve this issue, but instead, I think I just accidentally added 2 Resolved statuses into the workflow and after publishing it, I'm not sure how to revert it back to the original workflow. with just the 4 steps? 

Thank you to anyone in advance who provides any comments or feedback!!! 

2 answers

0 votes
Angela Deng August 4, 2018

Ah thank you so much guys!!! I figured it out!! To create a post function and to access all those "tabs" stated from the wikis, you had to click on the "All" button and not just the status buttons from the workflow. 

But all future users who get stuck on this stage. To add a new post function, you go to Workflows --> Choose the workflow you want to edit --> Select the Diagram option --> Select the black button pointing to the status boxes --> Click on Post Function --> Add Function where you can customize! 

:) Thank you all again!!! 

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2018

You will need to create a post function between "Internal Review" and "Done" that will set the resolution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2018

Or pop a transition screen to ask the user for a resolution.

Suggest an answer