[SOLVED] - add javascript to a custom field

Cristian Calaf April 4, 2013

Hello.

I have a custom field which I use to add a little javascript code on the description, now I would like to add a bigger js code, so I thinked in include a file:

Description:

<script type="text/javascript" src="code.js"></script>

Could I do this?

In which directory must I copy "code.js", I'm using ubuntu server.

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013

add javascript file as webresource in plugin,

webresource module:

&lt;web-resource key="test-js" name="javascript"&gt;
        &lt;dependency&gt;jira.webresources:global-static&lt;/dependency&gt;
        &lt;description&gt;JavaScript&lt;/description&gt;
        &lt;resource name="test.js" type="download" location="templates/js/test.js" /&gt;
        &lt;context&gt;atl.general&lt;/context&gt;
         &lt;context&gt;atl.admin&lt;/context&gt;
    &lt;/web-resource&gt;

Cristian Calaf April 7, 2013

OK.

A lot of thanks.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

is it helped?

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2013
Don't do that. Create an issue and attach that JavaScript and use the path of that script in your custom field. This will make sure that it survives upgrades.
Cristian Calaf April 4, 2013

If I understand you, you want that I create a new issue with the unique purpose of upload a attached script, after updates jira will maintain the uploaded files directory, so this scripts will continue working, is this ok?

thanks

Suggest an answer