SLA in Jira Software

Pumper1 December 4, 2017

Hi,

I have Jira Software project, and wont to use SLA in this project. How i can do it, and can i use for it Extension for Jira Service Desk? Because it is some worflow actions from this plugin.

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Taras,

There is some good documentation regarding SLA's in JIRA including a few knowlege base articles with examples such as Example: creating a basic SLA, Example: creating an SLA with multiple cycles and Example: creating an SLA that doesn't track continuous time that can help you create your first SLA:

Setting up SLAs

Example: creating a basic SLA

Example: creating an SLA with multiple cycles

Example: creating an SLA that doesn't track continuous time

Reporting on SLAs

How to Troubleshoot SLAs in JIRA Service Desk

Those are a few resources available.  In regards to using the SLA's in Extension for Service Desk, I have not tested this as that is an add-on created by InTENSO IT Experts.  The only thing I found doing a quick search was from a product page:

This feature allows to calculate SLA metrics on the basis of data from custom fields.

You can definitely test in a staging instance or email contact@intenso.support for further information about the operation of their add-on.

Cheers,

Branden

Ankit Patel December 12, 2017

Hi Branden, The question here is for the Jira Software, and Not JSD. Can you let us know if there is a way to do this in the JIRA Software? 

Thanks
Ankit

Like Ilakiya Srinivasan likes this
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2017

Hi Ankit,

There are some add-ons you can use.  Take a look at the Communities post Any way to setup SLA in JIRA Software.  One user recommends SLA PowerBox - On Time Service Delivery.

Cheers,

Branden

Ankit Patel December 21, 2017

Thanks Branden, we are going with JSD to eradicate this issue.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2017

Hi Ankit.  No worries.  Thanks for letting us know and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Sekhar Chandra March 19, 2020

Hi Branden, 

Thanks for your suggestion and links. Is there any way to setup SLA in JiraSoftware without using any plugins, as they are cost effective ?

Sekhar

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer