SIL post function not working when I use standard variables

Steve Ryan July 31, 2013

Guess who's back! Okay so I have this working during a transition (the two CustVars are fields on the transition screen):

string strDBRequestDesc = "Variable 1: " + #{CustVar1} + "\n Variable 2:" + #{CustVar2};
string strIssueSum = 'test Issue summary';
string strJiraID = 'JIRA-123';
string strUser = 'me';

string [] results = sql("CustDBConnection", "EXEC dbo.SampleStoredProcedure @CommType = 'U',@CommFrom = 'Other',@CommDesc = '" + strDBRequestDesc + "',@CommSubject = '" + strIssueSum + "',@CommJiraID = '" + strJiraID + "',@user = '" + strUser + "',@SendMail = 1");

If replace the variable assignment with standard variables it doesn't work:

string strIssueSum = description;
string strJiraID = id;
string strUser = assignee;

I also tried putting the standard variables inside #{} and it didn't work. The editor tells me that my syntax is okay. I have a guess that while the transition screen is shown, there is no issue context, but there should be right? Thanks again for the help!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Ryan August 11, 2013

Hey I tried to come back and post the answer but this site was down when I tried. I was using "id" instead of "key" which I believe was my problem. JJUPIN also keeps disabling itself (it's supposed to be running under a demo license but the warden just keeps disabling it) so that could've been an issue as well. Thanks for checking!

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Hi Steve,

Is this still a problem for you? Can I help you further?

0 votes
Steve Ryan August 1, 2013

Well I used this to enable logging:

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUP20/Configure+JIRA+Logging

I set it to WARN, which produced no messages, so now I'm going to try print() to see the values during the transition.

0 votes
Steve Ryan August 1, 2013

If no one knows what could be wrong, could someone tell me how to enable/create some detailed logs so that I can figure out where the error is occurring?

Suggest an answer