SIL-lastFieldHistory routine returning user and date but empty values

aishwarya_krish December 8, 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to access field change values using lastFieldHistory() routine and having a problem. It returns the user, date and Field name that is changed but empty values in place of changes. Using the below versions

• Jira - 7.0
  • JJupin - 3.1.1
  • katl-commons - 3.1.1

The code is below

string[] lastChange = lastFieldHistory(key);
    string[] ret = "Issue " + key + " was last changed on " + lastChange[1] + " by " + userFullName(lastChange[0]);
    ret += ": Field " + lastChange[2] + " from >>" + lastChange[3] + "<< to >>" + lastChange[4] + "<<";
    return ret;
    logPrint("INFO", "Change history of Issue is" + lastChange);

Returns the value

Issue RS-33 was last changed on 2015-12-07 17:20:44 by admin|: Field description from >><< to >><<
    //LogPrint of lastChange array is
    admin|2015-12-07 17:20:44|description||
Any help much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

Hi,

I've investigated this issue and it doesn't seem to occur on every field (but it does on description, for example).

We're getting the changes from DefaultChangeHistoryManager,  and, for description field, for example, we get this:

image2015-12-10 11:6:20.png

As you can see, the values are not registered.

Unfortunately, I don't think the fix is something in our power.

Alexandra

aishwarya_krish December 14, 2015

Hi Alexandra, Yes, I see the values are not getting registered. I guess the issue is only with Description and Summary fields. Thank you for the response.

Suggest an answer