SEND EMAIL WHEN AN ISSUE IS FINISHED

Hi:

We need to send an email when we click in "Ready" (when we finish it) to a specific Jira user (always the same, the administrator for example) and to a other user, this second user email it's in a custom field of the issue.

It's possible to do that with Jira or We need a plugin?
(Version: Atlassian JIRA 7.4.3)

Greetings,
David Sierraissue.PNG

1 answer

Hi David,

You can do that with an event triggered in a postfunction in your workflow. These are the steps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-a-custom-event-notification-for-a-specific-jira-workflow-transition-or-status-720831525.html

Regards :)

Hi Alejandro:

Thanks for your answer. To prepare the trigger, I need a repository? (If I need it, I could have in local?).

I have been studying the repositories in the documentation of Atlassian, they recommend some repositories like Bitbucket, Bamboo…, these are good to do the event triggered?

Also, to do the event triggered, I need to put it in the workflow, no?

Great thanks for your help and greetings,

David

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,344 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot