• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SAFe Add On experiences

Hello community
We are trying to get our Jira SAFe ready. Do you have experience which is the best add-on for this topic?

Thanks for your experiences

Marco

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

We regularly recommend:

• Jira Align if you're well over 500 users and are going to end up with more than a couple of release train type things
  • Advanced Roadmaps (Portfolio) if you're willing to do things the way it expects you to - it's less close to SAFe than just doing Jira with a lot of projects, but does enable scaling very well.
  • Structure for Jira and Agile Programs for Jira are also very good for scaling up

thanks for the information

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

BigPicture is another alternative.

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

Hi @Marco Birrer

Indeed BigPicture features all the tools recommended by SAFe®, i.e., Roadmap, Backlog, Program board, and Risk matrix.
We can openly state it here: BigPicture is a Scaled Agile Framework plugin for Jira.

I encourage you to review our White Papers. Note that one of them touches PI Planning with BigPicture, and the other one — BigPicture & Jira Pre-Configuration for SAFe®.

If you have more questions regarding this particular matter, please let me know. I will gladly answer.

Hello Marco,

You can use Ativo Agile Programs for Jira ( https://ativo.io/solutions/).  With that tool, you can:

• Plan Program Increments (PI)

• Facilitate a Scrum of Scum and Art-Sync

• Manage cross-team dependencies

• Raise issues and risks (and follow them up)
  • See burn-up metrics per PI per program (Release Train)
  • Keep all your team and program data within one tool (Jira)

(note: I am working for Ativo, but I've used the tool successfully myself at my previous client, they were very happy with Ativo Agile Programs for Jira and can recommend it strongly).

With kind regards,

Edwin Rozie

Ativo is an Atlassian Marketplace Partner. We are not affiliated with Scaled Agile, the providers of SAFe(R).

Hi @Marco Birrer 

If you've looking to do PI Planning in Jira you could try Easy Agile Programs.

It's trusted by companies like Disney and Siemens.

Our customers prefer it to others because it's easy for their teams to use.

Regards

Sean | Easy Agile

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you