SAFe Add On experiences

ACP July 15, 2020

Hello community
We are trying to get our Jira SAFe ready. Do you have experience which is the best add-on for this topic?

Thanks for your experiences

Marco

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2020

We regularly recommend:

• Jira Align if you're well over 500 users and are going to end up with more than a couple of release train type things
  • Advanced Roadmaps (Portfolio) if you're willing to do things the way it expects you to - it's less close to SAFe than just doing Jira with a lot of projects, but does enable scaling very well.
  • Structure for Jira and Agile Programs for Jira are also very good for scaling up
ACP July 20, 2020

thanks for the information

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
carlos.marin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2021

BigPicture is another alternative.

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Marco Birrer

Indeed BigPicture features all the tools recommended by SAFe®, i.e., Roadmap, Backlog, Program board, and Risk matrix.
We can openly state it here: BigPicture is a Scaled Agile Framework plugin for Jira.

I encourage you to review our White Papers. Note that one of them touches PI Planning with BigPicture, and the other one — BigPicture & Jira Pre-Configuration for SAFe®.

If you have more questions regarding this particular matter, please let me know. I will gladly answer.

Like Sedera Randria likes this
1 vote
Sean Blake {Easy Agile}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 4, 2020

Hi @Marco Birrer 

If you've looking to do PI Planning in Jira you could try Easy Agile Programs.

It's trusted by companies like Disney and Siemens.

Our customers prefer it to others because it's easy for their teams to use.

Regards

Sean | Easy Agile

1 vote
Edwin_R July 16, 2020

Hello Marco,

You can use Ativo Agile Programs for Jira ( https://ativo.io/solutions/).  With that tool, you can:

• Plan Program Increments (PI)

• Facilitate a Scrum of Scum and Art-Sync

• Manage cross-team dependencies

• Raise issues and risks (and follow them up)
  • See burn-up metrics per PI per program (Release Train)
  • Keep all your team and program data within one tool (Jira)

(note: I am working for Ativo, but I've used the tool successfully myself at my previous client, they were very happy with Ativo Agile Programs for Jira and can recommend it strongly).

With kind regards,

Edwin Rozie

Ativo is an Atlassian Marketplace Partner. We are not affiliated with Scaled Agile, the providers of SAFe(R).

0 votes
Matthieu Poupard -Klaxoon-
Marketplace Partner
December 6, 2022

@Marco Birrer did you try to use a collaborative whiteboard (with a Jira integration) in order to run more interactive PI Planning sessions? It helps to connect a larger audience than your Jira contributors during those live meetings and offer for them to chip in and add ideas/action items while allowing you to import all those items to Jira later on.

A lot of our users trained on SAFe methodologies combine the use of our whiteboard technology and Jira. Happy to share some of those case studies if you're interested.

Note that Klaxoon is an Atlassian Marketplace Partner. We are not affiliated with Scaled Agile, the providers of SAFe(R).

0 votes
Peter Jetter February 3, 2022

I recommend to take a look on the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Agile Planning 2021. Jira ALIGN, digital.ai etc. You can download the MQ from any of the leaders websites.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events