Running script from Jira

Hi
We have Jira Service Desk in our company and i got to make something like:
After someone creating a specific ticket, Jira running script(.bat .cmd PowerShell)
that restarting a service on one of the servers.

All i got is: 
I created a specific issue type on customer portal and write a powershell script that cheking(every minute) if there is service request created in last minute, and if it's True script restarting service(IIS for example)

Is there a simpliest way to do this?
p.s. Sorry for my English

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

This is something you should do from outside JIRA.

Your powershell script that runs every minute can interrogate JIRA over REST, asking it if there are any new requests of a certain type, and then restarting if it finds an appropriate one.

I woud make it a bit more clever than just that, I would get it to update the issue as well, to say the service was automatically restarted, and then I would exclude the those updates from the search.  That way, you won't miss any issues if the minute loop goes off time, you won't be re-starting services more than once by accident, and your users will be updated.

I do this type of thing w/ Jenkins specifically. Though Rundeck might be worth looking at.

Sounds interesting, thanks for advice

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

633 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you