Run jira on port 443

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

I successfully upgraded Jira & Confluence to HTTPS (port 8443), using a keystore referenced in the server.xml. However I cannot change the port to 443, despite having tried many configurations. I am not sure if this is because of my network proxy, and am confused with all the pieces of information available out there.

Do I need to change something else than the server.xml ?

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

@Antoine Berry  First of all it is not a great idea to run Jira/Confluence itself on 443 (public https port). It is huge security risk. Best way it to use reverse proxy server like Apache HTTPD or Nginx.

But, still if you want to proceed with this, you will need to run them as ROOT user as only root have needed access rights for running services on port number 443.

P.S. also check if no other service are running on port 443 of your system.

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2019

Thanks @DPKJ , I will have a look and hopefully keep this thread updated.

Suggest an answer