Round Robin Assignee

Andrew Striletskyi February 16, 2018

Hello everyone. Maybe anyone have some script to  to automatically assign new issues to users from a particular group in Round robin fashion (Jira 7.7) . I can't find any that working 

2 answers

3 votes
prayuja July 9, 2018

Hi @Andrew Striletskyi

This can be done with Automation for JIRA. Simply use the "Assign Issue" action and select "Assign to a member of a list or group". You will be then offered a choice of "Load Balanced", "Round-robin" and "Random".

Round-robin assigning iterates over a list of users and assigns issues to them in turn.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

Which scripting add-on do you have?  And what are the conditions you want to assign-to-next?

Andrew Striletskyi February 16, 2018

ScriptRunner for Groovy

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

Ok, that's good, it means you've got complete freedom inside Jira to do anything the API can do.

What about the second question?

Andrew Striletskyi February 17, 2018

This script must simply assign It that have status "unassigned" in any workflow. I want to find any working script to see how It works and use as a template to write my own (simply for learning purposes) script. It can be any conditions 

Like Антон likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events