Roll-up reporting for Initiatives Edited

Hi all, I am trying to create a jql query that I can use in Confluence to report on progress with an initiative.

Has anyone else tried this sort of thing? If so, did you have any luck with it?

Outcome required:

List stories that belong to all epics that are linked to an initiative.

Objective:

Want to enable roll-up reporting. For that to happen we need to see a list of the Jira Child stories for all Epics that are linked to an Initiative story.

Background:

The (INI) initiative is a kind of story that allows analysis, review, validation, sizing, etc, of new initiatives (projects). As early refinement on the initiative progresses Epics begin to emerge that capture the requirements as features or capabilities. These Epics and their stories form the basis for sprint backlogs that will deliver the implementation of the initiative.

Following are some queries I ran and my edited results.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Query: issuetype = Epic AND issue in linkedIssues(INI-97)
Returns: "success" - A list of epics that are 'linked' to the identified issue
Result:
--------------------------------
Sprint Assignee T Key Sub-Tasks Summary Story Points Status Resolution Epic Link Days since last comment Last Documented Status
Unassigned Epic TEST-1645 Backoffice Implementation OPEN Unresolved 15 weeks ago
Unassigned Epic DEMO-681 Gateway Implementation OPEN Unresolved 15 weeks, 6 days ago

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Query: "Epic Link" = TEST-1645
Returns: "success" - A list of stories created to implement the requirements captured by the Epic.
Result:
Sprint Assignee T Key Summary Story Points Status Resolution Epic Link
Team1-S17-0920 Ash Story TEST-1676 This is another test 1 DONE Done Compliance: Stored Cards
Team1-S17-1004 Louise Story TEST-1677 SPIKE: This is a test too? 1 DONE Done Compliance: Stored Cards
Team1-S17-1115 James Story TEST-1659 SPIKE: More test stories 1 UNDER INVESTIGATION Unresolved Compliance: Stored Cards
Team1-S17-1115 Andrew Story TEST-1687 This is a test story 3 IN PROGRESS Unresolved Compliance: Stored Cards

I appreciate any thoughts any of you may have to contribute to this issue.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

240 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you