• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Roll up Original Estimate from all Stories in an Epic to the Epic Edited

Deleted user Jan 27, 2020

I'm trying to roll up the Original Estimate times from all stories in an epic, to their epic.

For example, Stories 1 and 2 both have epic link Epic 1. 

Story 1 Original Estimate = 3h

Story 2 Original Estimate = 3h

then Epic 1 Original Estimate = 6h.  And would want this to update each time a story's original estimate is updated.

I have seen many similar posts but still can't quite get this to work.  I have tried many apps that do this (Epic Sum Up, Epic Sum Summary, EpicTime, etc.), and they seem to do the sum up as we want it.  However, we need to be able to write the summed time on the Epic to Salesforce, and it doesn't seem like those apps actually write the time to the Original Estimate field, or any field that's accessible via the Jira/SF mapping, so they did not work for us.

We also have Automation for Jira, and I saw on a similar post that someone developed this formula to do this using Automation for Jira:

{{issue.timetracking.originalestimate}}{{^issue.timetracking.originalestimate}}0{{/}} - {{fieldChange.fromString}}{{^fieldChange.fromString}}0{{/}} + {{fieldChange.toString}}{{^fieldChange.toString}}0{{/}}

The logic for the automation rule was 1. When issue updated 2. If epic exists 3. Branch Rule (for Epic) 4. Then edit issue field (original estimate) using that formula

However, that formula/automation rule does not seems to work for me either. 

Any help here would be appreciated, we've been trying to get this to work for a while and have just about exhausted all info I can find.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you