Roles in company managed projects

Daniela Rodas March 22, 2023

Dear Atlassian Community,

I created a company managed project and I need to know how I can add people as users, not administrators. 

The administrator role is the only one I have available. Is there a way where I can configure another role?

Thank you!

Roles company project.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Barnali Putatunda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2023

Hi Daniela,

Seems like your jira instance does not have any other project roles defined. If you have jira administrative right, then you can create project roles as per the organization need. 

To define a new project role:

• Choose > System.
  • Under SECURITY, select Project roles. The Project Role Browser displays, which contains a list of all the project roles in your Jira site.
  • Under Add Project Role at the bottom of the page, enter your desired role's name and a description
  • Click the Add Project Role button.

But, only creating a project role will not ensure corresponding permission for that role to a particular project.
Make sure you define the permission scheme accordingly to give any role the permission it needs to have.

Regards,
Barnali

Daniela Rodas March 24, 2023

Thank you so much, Barnali. What you tell me makes sense. I'll try it!

Regards,

Daniela

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events