Roadmaps for server version

tobbk October 21, 2018

On the Homepage of jira software are new information about roadmaps. All the screenshots look like there are from the cloud version.

Is there a hint that the next server version get also this feature?

Does anybody know if the difference between Cloud and Server UI merged together?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2018

Hello,

I have not heard of any plans to move next-gen projects to server.

tobbk October 22, 2018

It's too bad. All Projectmanager saw this feature news and would like to have it.

Thanks for your answer.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Bryan Bai October 22, 2018

general speaking, atlassian is pushing on-premise to cloud solution. so you will see more and more cool features only on cloud version.

but not all feature is suitable to on-premise version, like the roadmap feature (very clean and neat), but think about when you have it in a server version within a enterprise environment, people will ask humongous customization to make it less favor to use.

David Willson January 18, 2019

Hey Bryan, is this your intuition or is this something that the company has announced? I've heard similar rumblings but I'm looking to find something concrete that says the future is going to be cloud. If that's the case it may be good to start pivoting now.

Like # people like this
Neil Gower March 29, 2019

Shame as there are some institutions that cant put everything in the cloud, and even for those that can at the moment (I use both depending on what company I am working with) we are able to get far better performance for larger Jira instances on premise thank in the cloud.

I think its also fair to say that many of the plug-ins that people use are not yet available for cloud, so people cant move yet, for them to not get some of the new features is less than ideal. 

0 votes
Doris Mariposa March 16, 2020

Con Epic Roadmap como complemento unicamente se pueden tener visibles las epicas., y es muy necesario el poder deplegar las historias o tareas ligadas a la epica

Sera posible tener esta funcionalidad en server ?

0 votes
Attila Bordás _Everit_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 29, 2019

Hi there,

We've created Epic Roadmap app for Jira Server with similar functionality like the next-gen one, if you need just that feature set. It's pretty basic right now but we'll improve it with time, based on user feedback.
You can check it out here.

Neil Gower July 29, 2019

Thanks will check it out, great to see someone fill the gap with a reasonably priced add-on.

Like Attila Bordás _Everit_ likes this
Henry Auffahrt January 14, 2020

Wow, @Attila Bordás _Everit_ thanks a lot for this recommendation! Do you know if this plugin will also work on our data center instance? That would be awesome!

Mostly we do not have problems to install server plugins on data center. But our Jira team is very strict about installing server plugins on their data center instance. So we have to discuss this very intense with this team every time we want to install server plugins to our data center instance.

Attila Bordás _Everit_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2020

Hello Henry,

I'm happy to tell you that we are already working on the Data Center version. We hope it will be public in two months. :) In the meantime, it will still work on the Jira Data Center version, because it's a very lightweight app.

Like Henry Auffahrt likes this
Henry Auffahrt January 14, 2020

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response :) 

Your plugin is currently in the "Software request process" in our company, hopefully, they will install it soon ;)

Suggest an answer