Roadmap Planner Not Saving Changes

Jon May 8, 2017

Hello, 

Currently using JIRA2 and the Roadmap Planner macro does not save changes. 

Steps

1. Edit Page

2. Locate Raodmap Planner Macro. Click and Select Edit

3. Make any modification such as re-ording langes.

4. Only 2 button options. Insert or Cancel. Click 'Insert' 

5. Save JIRA page changes. 

When this is done none of the modifications to the Roadmap Planner stick. It immediately reverts back to its state when it was created. Any ideas?

6 answers

2 votes
LBergjohann July 12, 2019

I'm also having the same issue with the current cloud version. The bugs in confluence really suck. Why is this after two years not solved?!?

1 vote
Gary Pullis January 15, 2018

Same problem for us in Confluence. We're on 6.0.2. We'll be upgrading to 6.6.1 soon, and we'll test again. I'm not optimistic that this has been fixed because I can't find a bug report that specifially addresses this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-54265?jql=project%20%3D%20CONFSERVER%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Bug%20AND%20text%20~%20%22Roadmap%20Planner%22%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC 

1 vote
Suddha Talukdar November 29, 2017

I am having exact same issues - very frustrating that changes are not getting saved. 

0 votes
cjimenez October 23, 2023

hi!
In my case, the error was because I was not adding a Confluence page to each bar. When I clicked saved it did not show me any error, but after trying changing the title, removing and re adding the bars, when I edited the Confluence page it worked. 

undefinedRoadmapPlanner.png

0 votes
Henry Stokes May 24, 2022

Hi all,

Not sure that Atlassian will ever address this bug, however I have found a work around after experiencing the same issue.

From what I can see, it relates to loading time. So if you make all your changes, then wait 10 - 15 seconds, and then press Insert, then it should save correctly. I've tried this a few times, and it seems to have resolved the issue for more.

Not ideal and not acceptable given how many have lost their work, but just wanted to share in case this helps others.

0 votes
McCall August 2, 2019

Same issue

McCall August 2, 2019

type " +Add Bar", then modify the title than click insert. I finally got it to stick.

McCall August 2, 2019

after you click insert, click publish. Do it often. It still seems glitchy

Maybe create the text in a word document because it sometimes seems to not save.

Then you lose all you work. SO MUCH FUN

Suggest an answer