Reuse Jira login session in confluence

Pramod Kutty May 26, 2014

I am writing a groovy script which will login to a confluence instance and create pages. Can I login to confluence using the same session of Jira i.e. I do not want to hardcode passwords in any script.

2 answers

0 votes
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

Hi,

you can login only if you use something like single sign on

Can I use SSO in a groovy script

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2014

You might take a look at crowd.

This provides Single Sign On for the Atlassian stack and that might help you out.

Best regards,
Peter

Thanks for replying

Both the Jira and conflunce are using crowd but I am using the remote API from my groovy script to connect to confluence and create a page.

Something like this

def locator = new ConfluenceSoapServiceServiceLocator()

def service = locator.getConfluenceserviceV2(new URL("http://localhost:8090/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v2"))

def token = service.login("user", "password")

I dont want to use the login method but want to use , say the jira token instead

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2014

That's over my head, I can't really help you there.

Suggest an answer