It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Reusable query to return defects submitted against tests in an execution for a particular test plan Edited

I am using JIRA server with the xray add-on. I am trying to build a query that will return only the defects that were submitted while executing the tests of an execution associated with a particular test plan. I am trying to avoid using affects version or label due to inconsistent usage. Basically I want to reuse the query by just plugging in a different Test Plan ID

Sort of like this query for the executions for a given test plan:

• project = [proj name] AND type = "Test Execution" AND "Test Plan" = [test plan id]

this returns the executions for the test plan, but what I am trying to get is any defects submitted against those tests. I tried using the connection between the two as in

• project = [proj name] AND type = Defect AND issueLinkType = "created by"

but it shows me all defects with the created by link type. Not just for the executions from the above query.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

why yes Bobby, there is a way to do that? Have you tried the defectsCreatedDuringTestExecution JQL function here:

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XRAY/Enhanced+querying+with+JQL

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

937 views 8 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you