Return Backlog to the Kanban board

peter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2021

My backlog was somehow automatically (after pressing some random, annoying Jira pop-up) moved from my Kanban board, where it made the first column, to the sidebar on the left side of the screen. I want to return the Backlog back to the Kanban board but there is no explanation how this can be done.

2 answers

2 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

Hello @peter ,

Please go to board settings 

Right Side Top Corner 3 dots (...) --> Board Settings --> Left side Menu --> go to Columns -->

I'm assuming your board is something like the below

image.png

Select the Backlog (1 issue) and drag and drop to the left side under Kanban backlog. I hope it will helps to sort the issue,

For making this change you need board administrator privileges. 

Thanks,

Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Paula Manildi October 11, 2022

no! this is the opposite. Now that it is the kanban backlog, if I go to settings, the column isn't there any more. I WANT a column for my Backlog Status! How to undo the above, please.

WobbleyHeadedBob
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 12, 2022

Just recreate your own "Backlog" column as you had before and move the relevant workflow state to the newly created column.

0 votes
Nicholas Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 26, 2021

Go to Board > Configure > Columns and move the "Backlog" status to the first column on your Kanban board. Basically, get rid of any workflow state appearing in the special "Kannan Backlog" column.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events