Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Retrieve only linked issues from another project

Edited

Hello,

I have the following set up

Project 1 - 10 jira issues ( My project)

Project 2 - 1000 Jira issues

We create a relates to links from issues in Project 1 -> Project 2

Project 2 has many internal links between issues which I don't care. I only want to retrieve the issues in Project 2 that are linked to issues in project 1 and display it in a confluence table.

currently, i have to use the following two queries which retrieve quite a lot of unwanted issues of project 2 and then as a second step see which are linked to Project 1 issues.

Query 1:  issueLinkType = "relates to" AND (project="Project 1" OR project = "Project 2") <-- gives 1000 issues

Query 2: project = "Project 1" and issuetype = "PI Objective"  <---  returns the 10 Issues created

Following this I merge the two tables using a vlookup. which then gets only the entries i need. I need to optimize query 1 just to retrieve the issues that has a "relates to" relationship with the issues in Project 2

Is there a JQL query that I could use just to retrieve the 10 or more linked issues from Project 2.

Thanks in advance for your proposals

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I finally found the answer to this.

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = Project 1")

This lists all the issues .. only the ones linked to the issues of project 1, so it reduced the time by 10 times instead of retrieving 1000 issues.

Are you using a plugin? I can't get that query to work. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you