Retain Updated field during jira data migration

Harsha Hegde February 13, 2014

We are trying to perform the bulk move from one project to the another in Jira 5.1.2. Below are some of the challenges that we are facing during the process.

1. The updated date is modified to the date when the bulk move happens. Is there a way to retain the "Updated date" as it is in the old project?

2. After performing the bulk move, if i import the project to a different server is there a way to search the previous jira issues by using old jira id's since the jira id is changed and the reference is lost.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014

1. No. The updated date tells you when the last change to the issue was. You're changing the project, so it's correct. You'll need to write your own "move" process to retain it, or botch the existing code so it becomes inaccurate. I'm not even sure it's possible - I have a horrible feeling that it's a derived field, so it always looks at the last change and isn't actually stored, so there's nothing to hack!

2. Depends on what your "import" method is - the standard project import pulls in the history which I'd expect to include project change history

Suggest an answer