Resubmit issues using transition

nir eyal November 28, 2022

Hi,

I would like to change the status of item from 'Info Request to Submit using transition and update the fields below.

The only thing that it does is update the status to Submitted but the rest of the fields are not updated.

my code look like this:

jira_connection.transition_issue(jira.Issue, "Resubmit",
fields={
"customfield_10509": comment,
"customfield_11723": {"id":product_component},
"priority": {"id":priority},
"customfield_10137":{"id": severity}
}
)

does transition support updating the fields in this way? or should I use different method.

note that the server doesn't return any error it simply not updating the fields as requested.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Gokaraju gopi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Why don't you use jira automation here?

First add issue transitioned from and to status. In your case from should be Info Request and to should be Submit

at4.JPG

You need to choose edit issue action and add all the custom fields you want to update. For example I have added issue task type should be updated to task and description field should be updated with some value

at5.JPG

nir eyal November 28, 2022

Thank you for your answer however i dot thing i have access to with my user credentials to create automation rules.

Suggest an answer