Restricting users from creating new product or getting those information

Mahanth Prudhvi P May 16, 2024

Hi 

We have an issue in my organization where users(managed accounts) are occasionally creating(accidentally) new products using the same managed account(company domain email) with out even realizing that such things have happened by them, which makes it difficult for me to find out the the user, whenever I receive a mail from Atlassian saying that "1 new product created outside the organization". Unless I know the user I can't become the org admin for that site/product and delete it. To know that user I have to take "Atlassian Access" product(costly).

Is there any other option to find out those users or restricting the users from creating new products using company domain email.

Thanks,

Mahanth Prudhvi P

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Hello @Mahanth Prudhvi P 

Can you go to Administration for the Organization, then go to Security, and find the Discovered Products page, and see the newly subscribed products?

If so, it should show there an avatar for the user who created the product, in the Org Admin column. If you click on the avatar, you should get the information for each person listed as an Org Admin.Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 10.53.24 AM.png

Mahanth Prudhvi P May 16, 2024

@Trudy Claspill  Thanks for your response.

But it won't work out for me as I am in Standard version of cloud and doesn't have "Atlassian Access" Screenshot (200).png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

I see. You had not previously mentioned that.

I think that you only option is to open a support case directly with Atlassian and ask for their assistance.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Mahanth Prudhvi P May 20, 2024

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

I have contacted Atlassian. They are asking me to take the subscription( Looks like They don't wanna share the info when they can earn some money out of it). I don't think it's a good option to spend some good amount of money for just one purpose. So the only option that I am left with is to check all Jira profiles individually.

Thanks & Regards,
Mahanth Prudhvi P

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events