Restricting statuses by issuetype within same workflow?

sn January 23, 2018

hi,

JIRA 7.3 Server users.

I have a question - we want to use only 1 workflow for all issuetypes. . we have an audit requirement so, we want all stories to go through the status "UAT Done". but we have certain stories that are just back-end changes and not have user testing.  we want to provide users the ability to move these from "IT Testing" to "Released". but we do not want users to use this as a loop hole.

Can i restrict the ability to move to a particular status based on issuetype ? this is without add-ons and without going to code. we want to use only 1 workflow for all issutypes.

If you have any suggestions for our used case, please let me know.

thanks !

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Without add-ons or code, no.

There's nothing wrong with having different workflows that - where did that "requirement" come from?  Workflows can easily share the same status - just because "Bugs" have to go through the extra step of "regression tests" doesn't mean they can't use open, in-progress, ready for uat, uat done, done, the same as improvements.

Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Nic, you're right! ;-)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Hey,

I know a fast solution with (add-on) ScriptRunner:

>Script Condition

>>Simple scripted condition

>>> For example: ScriptRunner workflow function - Simple scripted condition (condition apply).

issue.issueType.name == 'Task'

Hope this will be helpful! 

/Br

Semi

sn January 24, 2018

thank you for the inputs !

Suggest an answer