Restrict workflow transition for different project

Dhara Mistry-Kansagra July 4, 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to restrict a transition being used on a workflow that is shared with another project that has the same issue type?

i.e. Project A has transition 'X' but Project B does not show transition 'X' (both projects use the same workflow and same issue types, but for different purposes.

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2017

If you want a different behavior you should copy the workflow, make the changes and assign the new workflow to project B.
Thats the cleanest solution.

Dhara Mistry-Kansagra July 4, 2017

Thanks for your reply Stefan.

Both projects use the same workflow scheme and would like to keep things the same. I wondered if you could get by using a Condition on the workflow?

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2017

You could write a scripted condition in groovy (plugin Scriprunner).

Check if project is == XYZ then true else false.

if you need help with the script i could have a look on that tomorrow.

Dhara Mistry-Kansagra July 10, 2017

Yes please! I'd appreciate if I could get some help writing the script

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2017

Its a really simple script. Enter the project key you want to check in keyToCheck. Testet it and works as expected

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.project.Project

passesCondition = false;
Project project = issue.getProjectObject()
def keyToCheck = "ENT"

if (keyToCheck == project.getKey()){
    passesCondition = true;
}

Suggest an answer