Restrict some issue types to some groups?

Orly Dahan December 24, 2020

Can you please suggest how can I restrict some issue types to some groups? I saw some suggestion using script runner, but I could not find how exactly to do that

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

There's no pretty way to do this in Cloud.  Cloud does not support Behaviours.  (For server, you could use https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/restrict-issue-types )

You can stop people creating an issue type though, by using validators.  The most basic implementation is to have two workflows, one for the issues you want to protect, and one for the ones you do not.  In the workflow for the protected issue types, add a validator to the "create" transition, one that checks that the user has the right permissions.

I do not recommend doing this though, as it's ugly for the users - they enter all the data for their issue, then a validator says "you can't do this" and they have to start again with a new issue create.

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

Hi Kagithala,

Thanks, does this also prevent this issue type from being shown in searches and filters?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

No.

Issue security simply hides issues from people.  It does not affect create, search or reporting in any way other than hiding issues.

So in this case, for example, some people can create an issue, but cannot view it after creation? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2020

Yes, you can set an issue security scheme so that someone can create an issue with a security level they are not it, so they can't see the issue after the creation.  Jira will tell them "issue created, but you can't see it".

Orly Dahan December 28, 2020

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events