Restrict create issues based on issue type

Ramaiah Pendli November 4, 2016

Hello

We would like to know, How to restrict users creating issues in JIRA based on issue type ?

For example: we wish to allow users creating Defects but not Defect Task. 

Is it possible ? If so, How to achieve the same ? Thanks 

3 answers

0 votes
C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

without plugins, users can create a separate workflow for each issue type and place conditions on who can create the issue. 

if you have scripting plugins installed, you can write a script to check the conditions / validations to determine who can create issues.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2016

You can use a Conditioned validator on the create issue transition to prevent the creation based on your condition (issue type not Defect Task). 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

There are some work arounds using scripting, but nothing in the base product. The work around I'm aware of still allows them to try to create it then stops the creation so it isn't very user friendly. I suggest searching the marketplace. There may be a new plugin since the last time I looked

Suggest an answer