Restrict access to issues

IPF Digital AS July 12, 2016

Hello,

I have ridden planty amount of articles about restricting access to issues in JIRA for users. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I would like to achieve:

User is able to see inly incidents where he is:

• assigned to
  • reported
  • exists in group which has permission to browse project

Could you help me? Provide some additional articles or instructions?

We are using below products:

-JIRA Service Desk 3.1.8

-JIRA Software 7.1.7 

Thank you in advance for help.

Tymoteusz

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2016

We don't know what you've read or done already, so we'd probably end up pointing you at stuff you may already have read.  And, you need to define "it doesn't work" (because it does if you follow the instructions)

However, we can walk you through it.  Can you do two things with the project settings:

1. Go to the Admin -> Permission Scheme and read the line that says "browse project".  Tell us exactly what that line says (we don't need the other permissions)
  2. Go to Admin -> Roles and tell us what users and groups are in which roles for that project.
IPF Digital AS July 12, 2016

Hi,

In browse project I have:

• Project Role (Administrators)
  • Project Role (Service Desk Team)
  • Current Assignee
  • Reporter (show only projects with create permission)

I project role I defined only Administrator role. 

I don't have issue security scheme for this project  

If i did something wrong please explain me how to achieve my goals. 

Regards

Tymek

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

I think it's the reporter line - it's showing all issues because that user can raise things.

You either need to create a security scheme and think about how you set the levels, or enable the "reporter browse" permissions, which can restrict an issue to just the reporter of the current issue.

IPF Digital AS July 13, 2016

Thank you for valuable tip. Finally I set up:

In project security scheme:

Project Role: IT Operations, Administrators, Developers

Current Assignee

Reporter

Also I created issue security scheme where I added:

• Reporter
  • Current Assignee
  • User Custom Field Value (My Watchers) (doesn't work yet)
  • Project Role (Administrators)
  • Group (IT Ops)

In project I granted permission for group to role Administrators, IT Operations and Developers.

Now users from dedicated group are able to see project, create issues but see only raised tickets or assigned to them.

If you know solution how to restrict access for watchers as well I will appreciate.

Best Regards

Tymoteusz

Suggest an answer