Restrict Issue History when importing a single project

Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2011

Hello

I am importing a single project in JIRA , JIRA shows as *ProjectImport* under *IssueHistory* & *Actvity* Tab of each issue in that project.

I don't need JIRA to show this history. PFA

Please let me know the possible workaround.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2012

You can delete the entries from changegroup and change item tables

you will have to run two queries , first to delete entries from changegroup then from changeitem

this is the first query

delete from changegroup where id IN (select ci.ID from changeitem ci,changegroup cg where field='ProjectImport' and cg.ID=ci.groupid);

this is the second query

delete from changeitem where field='ProjectImport';

this should delete all the entries from both the table and nothing about project import will be displayed in history

NOTE:first query should be executed first and then the second one

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2012

If you're going to edit the issue history with SQL, then you absolutely MUST

1. Stop Jira
  2. Backup the database
  3. Test the backup
  4. Run the SQL
  5. Restart Jira
  6. Re-index it

Never never never run SQL updates against a running Jira, you can easily destroy it. (There are minor exceptions, and the damage isn't always catastrophic, but the advice remains "don't")

Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2012

Thanks Nic & Mizan .

It worked for me .

0 votes
Sander Brienen [Avisi]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2011

On most events, you can place view restrictions (like on comments). What you can try is to restrict the viewing of this import event to admins only. That way normal users should not see this event. Not sure how you can do that though.

Suggest an answer