Restrict API data that can be retrieved

Tony Mohr August 10, 2018

I have a customer wanting to connect Klipfolio to our JIRA (server) API.  Our projects in JIRA are setup as products and we've defined a custom field as Customer.  Each project can contain tickets for several customers. 

So with the API I need the ability to restrict data retrieved to specific projects AND only tickets that match to a specific Customer.  In addition, I don't want to provide access to ALL data for each ticket, just specific fields (such as ticket #, status, links, etc. but not comments or hours logged).

Possible?  Thanks, T

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

Tony,

The API does not provide this type of granular security. Once they have access to the API with a service account, they will be able to access all projects and issues that the service account has access to. If you have a service bus such as MuleSoft you could use this as an intermediary and only return the specific information you are describing. The customer would then make calls to the service bus endpoint.  You could also write an application that would provide them with a data export that could filter results before providing them to the customer.

Suggest an answer