Restricing users from specific fields

Laci April 30, 2019

So, I think I already know the answer to this based on my research, but I figured I'd ask anyway. My program manager wants a couple fields restricted so that only himself and a few others can edit them. Is there a way to do this? It'd be great if I could just put those specific fields on another tab and have that tab restricted... Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

There is a workaround. First, tabs are just a logical separation for people. JIRA sees them as part of the same screen. there is no field or tab security. The work around is to put the fields on a transition screen and have a condition the only a particular project role can execute the transition and the transition goes back to the same status. Then assign those users you want to edit the field to that role. If they want to be able to edit the field at any time you'll need to have the transition available on every status. Then put the field only on the view screen. 

There may also be a scripting solution I'm unaware of. 

Laci April 30, 2019

Thank you, I've seen this workaround in my research, unfortunately, this does not work for us based on the type of work we are doing. But I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question!

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2019

Sloane,

Please take a look at the Power Scripts or ScriptRunner.

Victor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events