Restoring data takes over 20 minutes

Blommetje August 14, 2012

I moved from a local DB to an external DB, which works fine. But importing the old data is running (imported 100% of the items) but it is stuck at 90% total. Already 20 minutes busy.

Browsing to the root of jira gives IP/secure/errors.jsp (but keeps loading, so no text).

Can I kill the process and should it be good? Or will that cause more errors?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

I'd leave it for another 20 minutes. The %age progression is not linear, the first 20% is for xml parsing, then 80% for import and indexing issues, 5% for indexing filters and so on, last 10% for restarting internally. Very approximately.

If after another 20 minutes it's still dead, try killing it. If it comes up ok and works fine, good, if not you will have to retry the import. If it fails again, post the log...

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

kill -9? Depends on OS.

Windows server... Login through RDP and then ... kill the process or something?

Over 45 minutes now... no changes. How do I kill it actually?...

Killed the proces, but Jira won't come up.. Just keeps on loading...

No clue on what to do now...

I found out the following, when I change the DBconfig.xml to the old DB it works fine. On the new DB it just keeps on loading. I have no clue on where to look for such issues.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Blommetje August 15, 2012

Got it fixed.

Rebooted the server.

Killed JIRA process

Renamed DBconfig.xml to DBconfig_old.xml

Restarted JIRA proces

Empty / delete the old (failed) database import

Browse to JIRA

Go through the setup again

Took about 3 to 4 minutes and all was fine.

Suggest an answer