Restoring JIRA with only database and attachments folder

The Dude March 10, 2014

Hey there,

I am trying to restore JIRA with *only* a database dump of JIRA and the attachments folder (not the rest of the home folder).

Unfortunately, the original server has been updated to a new version of JIRA so I cant use the home directory.

Is there anyway this restore can work?

When I try it, I start JIRA, and get a page saying JIRA is locked and the following error:

Error occurred while starting Plugin Manager. while inserting: [GenericEntity:OSPropertyEntry][id,null][entityId,1][propertyKey,jira.plugin.state-.com.spartez.scrumprint.scrumplugin][type,5][entityName,jira.properties] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO propertyentry (ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Column 'ID' cannot be null))

Thoughts?

3 answers

0 votes
Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

Hi Dude,

In this case you have to do following task

1. List down the plugin installed in the older version.

2.Download it from the Marketplace.

3. Copy this to Installed plugin folder & do the above procedure

the plugin which where installed in the older version has its information into the database so when ever a Jira starts the plugin manger will check the database & does not find the specified plugin installed and point to some Error.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2014

Have you talked to the IT department to see if they have a full server backup of the application server?

The Dude March 11, 2014

Yes this is all we have.

0 votes
Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

Hi Dude,

Are you tacking backup of the database & installing fresh Jira & pointing it to the database while installing. If yes please take a note jira store the plugin information into database that where installed on the old Jira

So you need to following

1. Install the Jira

2. Shut down Jira.

3. Copy the Installed plugin & attachment from the old jira home directory to new jira directory.

4. Add the information of the database connectivity to the dbconfig.xml file &

5. Start Jira.

Once Jira start apply the integrity check on jira to check data Inconsistency & also reindex it.

The Dude March 10, 2014

Just to follow up. There is no way to do this without the old plugins directory? (the JIRA instance in question has been updated since then and all we have is the database and attachments folders).

Suggest an answer