Rest API Get change history in all issue types in specific project

Phil Borrell November 24, 2020

I  migrated a project from Jira Next-Gen to Jira Classic. When i migrated, all issuetypes became either Story or Sub-task.

I'm trying to use the REST API to search all issues in the Project that have ever been a different issue type.

I can do this for individual issues, but I would like to see all that were a Bug, or an Epic, and so on.

Does anyone know how to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Phil Borrell 

You can try Issue History app from the atlassian marketplace. It let you view all changes were made with each issue list you need to analyze. Add-on lets you filter issues in different parameters: project, sprint, assignee, etc.  You can also use export and dive deeply into analyses (for example, with a pivot table in google spreadsheet).

Hope it will help

Regards

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Phil Borrell ,

the only way possible way I can think of is the way you've described - search for all issues from your project, which were updated during some time period. And as a second step search through each of issue's changelog, if there's been an issue type change. 

As far as I know the information about issue type change is visible only in issue history and there is no endpoint to be able to do some bulk search on these records.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events