Resolving an issue with a precondition

Paula Izaurralde
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

Hi, 

Is it possible in Jira to not allow someone to resolve an issue if it doesn't have a link of a certain type?

For example, I want to make sure every story has been tested and therefore don't want to allow the story to be closed unless it has a link to a test (Zephyr add-in).

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Paula Izaurralde , you might also try using Jira Misc Workflow Extensions. That has a bunch of conditions and validators regarding linked issues and, not only whether one exists but what the status of it is. Relatively easy to deal with given it's a combo of point/shoot configuration with the ability to get down deeper with Groovy scripting.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

I'd use a custom validator, probably written using ScriptRunner

Suggest an answer