Resolved data to send when using automation

Novakopa April 8, 2021

Hello, to everyone

I am facing the following dilemma. We use zaps to automate Jira issue status change to resolved. However, if the status is change to resolved using this automation the resolved data is not set. I noticed one more interesting thing. If I manually set the issue status to resolved without adding the comment, the resolved data is not set as well. What would be the way to fix it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Novakopa ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do I understand it correctly, that after the issue transition to "done" status, Resolution field is empty and the issue looks like it is still unresolved?

The first thing I would recommend you is to navigate to the workflow and check the appropriate transition, if Resolution field is set to some value (it should be one of the post functions).

Novakopa April 8, 2021

I did check post functions and all seem OK, plus I did add an extra one which sets resolved to done. However it did not change anything.Untitled.jpg

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Would you please also add the column Resolution to the view?

In general it should work like this:

When you transition issue and during the transition you set the Resolution field (for example to Done), Resolved field (date) is also set (and vice versa - if the Resolution field is cleared during the transition, Resolved field is also cleared)

So, what I'm now trying to find out is if the Resolution field is set for the issues, where Resolved field is empty.

resolution.png

Novakopa April 8, 2021

Yes you are right, the resolution of these issues is set to unresolved. What would be the way to set resolutions to done whenever the status is changed to resolved. I did add a post function for it, but it seem does not work, or is not for this case.1.jpg2.jpg

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2021

Thank you. I can see there's screen on the transition:

"JIRA Service Desk Resolve Issue Screen - 7" - is there the Resolution field on this screen?

Novakopa April 8, 2021

Yes there is the Resolution field in the screen.1.jpg

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2021

I would recommend you to try to remove the resolution field from the screen. If you are setting the resolution using post function (everytime you transition the issue to status Resolved), it should be ok.

Novakopa April 8, 2021

I did try your solution, however still the resolution status is unresolved.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2021

Please check, if you set the post functions to the correct workflow and transitions. I strongly believe this should work.

If you look to the history of the issue, you've transitioned, are you able to see any useful information connected with resolution?

Novakopa April 8, 2021

Yes I did set the post function to the correct workflow and transition. Since I deleted the Resolution field from screen 7, now all issues that are set resolved they resolutions status is unresolved, because on the screen there is no more option to set resolution status. However, It is very strange that the use of post function do not help. And the history does not show any interesting information.Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2021

Indeed, that is really strange. If you set the Resolution during the transition, it should not be empty. 

To be honest - I'm out of ideas, what else to try.

Maybe just one another check - did you publish the workflow after all the changes?

Novakopa April 11, 2021

Thank you it did help, I forgot to publish the workflow after editing it. 

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer