Resolution resolved and cross out of id verse check marks to indicate resolved

Gregory Mester April 3, 2023

You all at Jira did some weird stuff.  If I select team managed project template then when I move items to done they get a checkmark  and if I select company managed project template then when I move the items to done the issue ID is crossed out.  I'm curious did you hire two different companies/teams to code this?  And they never compared the final output?  I just need to know, so I can use it as an example of UI and teams not talking with each other.  I like the checkmark and was hoping I could use it in the company managed template.  Did your code paths really split that much?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Gregory Mester , im unsure if the Community can answer this fully, however I will provide my $0.02. As I understand it, Team Managed Projects was an evolutionary effort to create a next generation solution that was more simplified than the legacy CMP. It was intended to allow teams to manage their success with limited to no help from a Jira administrator. The code base is separate, I understand. I do not believe the goal has ever been to make the two the same on all UI fronts. My experience has been that TMP continues to grow toward CMP in capabilities and CMP gets some of the things that work well in TMP too. Personally, I like the strike through for completed issue. You might wish to use the Feedback link in Jira to share your thoughts with the PM teams.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events