Resolution field is displayed as a mandatory field while creating new Defect..

Meenal Suneja June 24, 2020

The Bug workflow is in place and Resolution screen is added on the last transition while closing the bug. However this field is displayed while creating the new bug as well and its mandatory. I dont want Resolution to be mandatory while creating the new defect. Please help.

Thanks...

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2020

An inexperienced admin has added the resolution field to the create issue screen.

You need to remove it - go to admin -> issues -> screens, or project admin -> screen scheme, and find the one where the error has been made

Mike Ramirez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 6, 2020

That fixed it for me, thanks! 

0 votes
Francisco J. Trigo Arana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2020

Upon this matter, how could I add the resolution field on another screen but not at the Create Issue screen?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Have a look at the workflow, to identify which screens are in use on the transition you want to set the resolution on, you'll be able to drill down into them from there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events