Resolution bluk change

Miguel Diaz Garcia February 19, 2018

I am trying to change a bulk of states' status from unresolved to resolved. However, when I try to do that I don't get (or I can't find an option) that allows me to change the status. Nor using a bulk change neither individually.

Is there any configuration that I have to change?

PS: I've already added jira.issue.editable as true in the state

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2018

Ok, let's start with the things you have wrong:

• You talk about resolution but then go on to say "option to change status".  Do not mix up resolution and status, they are two totally separate things.  To change status, you must use  transitions, not edits.  Resolution changes by editing (and if you are doing them correctly, only during transitions)
  • The property you have added is a waste of time, edit is controlled by the permissions on the project.  I'm not sure how you got there!

Now.  To bulk change resolutions, you need to jump through some hoops, because if you have set up your system correctly, then you can't "edit" it.  In Jira, the way to set a resolution is to have it on a transition screen to ask the users for it, or set it with post-functions.  It should never appear on a create or edit action.

Because it does not appear on edit screens, you can not bulk-edit it easily.  The most simple way to do it is wait until your users are not active, add "resolution" to the "edit" screen for the issues, use the "edit" function in bulk-edit to set them, then remove the field from the screen before your users edit issues and set it at the wrong time.

OK! Now, adding "resolution" allows me to change the resolution. However, I cannot find the option in the bulk-edit format. Where is it?

Thank you!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2018

Bulk edit offers you "edit" on the first step.

Yes, it's inside this edit screen where i can't find the option

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2018

The edit option lists all available fields for the issues, alphabetically.

If you have added the resolution to the "edit" screen for the issues, then it will be in there.

Suggest an answer