Reset the Issue Sequence to 0 in Jira 4.4.5

Hi,

We have deleted all the issues created in Jira. And now we would like to start afresh.

But then when i try to create an issue, the Issue Key takes the next sequence number instead of 1.

We want the issues to start with 1 now again after cleanup.

Is there a way to re-set the sequence to 1.?

Please let me know, its pretty urgent.

Thanks,

Harish

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Delete the project and re-create one with the same key. You'll need to re-apply all the schemes and users in the new project.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the response.

But it is very tedious process to delete all projects and re-create them . And more over assigning the users to each project takes more time.

May i know if there is any other workaround may be setting some configuration file.

Please advice.

Thanks,

harish

No. There's no other way in the UI.

You can do it directly in the database. This particular SQL is relatively simple and safe compared with other things people make a mess of with SQL - you set the pcounter on each project you need to reset in the "projects" table.

But, with SQL, there is no easy option - you have to stop Jira, get a backup of the database, prove it's a good backup, run the SQL, then restart Jira and re-index. (If you are only changing the counters in the project table, you do not need to re-index, unless you've got plugins that may be storing extra data about your projects)

Hi Nic,

Thanks a lot for the response.

It really worked for me.This was very helpful.

Thanks,

Harish.

Where is the SQL?

I'd suggest starting again, rather than necroposting on a 5 year old question.

Since this was the right answer, it would make sense to have the response in this threat instead of now searching for SQL.  But why bother consolidating. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

175 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you