Reset or set start issue number

MC
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2021

I would like to restart my issues to 1 since I deleted a few because I am new and was setting them up incorrectly.  Any suggestions?

3 answers

3 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi @MC  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, you cannot reset the issue key starting point.  The keys are assigned by the project, starting at 1.  To "reset" the count you would create a new project.  I recommend leaving them alone as this is just a tracking identifier.

Now for a suggestion: don't delete issues from Jira Cloud.  There is no "undo" or "recycle bin" to reclaim items. Consider instead adding an indicator for "abandoned" items, such as with a custom field or a label.  You may easily hide these items, and you can find them if needed in the future.

Best regards,

Bill

Vinod Kotiya February 18, 2023

Create a security level named deleted... once assigned the issue will nowhere visible even in search or filter

0 votes
Paweł Gajewski April 11, 2024

I wonder if manually changing the key of project in project setting can do that?

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

I agree with @Bill Sheboy , there is no function to configure issue keys.

@MC , What problem are you trying to resolve?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events