Reset Issue Key on Jira Cloud Environment

rsstorey July 20, 2020

I'm configuring a project on Jira Cloud that is integrated with external tools.  Is it possible to reset the project counter so that issue keys start from 1 or another number after deleting the test issues?

I've seen that there are solutions for server or data center Jira environments but nothing for Jira hosted on Atlassian Cloud.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

There is no way to do this on Cloud, sorry,.

3 votes
Angel Maenza August 16, 2021

This really should be an option - I've seen so many questions just like this one. It's pretty obvious users want to start fresh after creating test issues for set up purposes.

0 votes
Yuly Buenahora July 6, 2023

Hi! Anyone knows if there are any updates on this issue? still is not possible in Cloud? :-(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2023

It has not changed

0 votes
Vitali July 9, 2021

Hello,

No, but you could create a new project with shared configuration of the current one and migrate the issues over to the new project.

Make sure to have the same component/s, version/s, and other project specific configurations in the new project before moving the issues. 

After migrating, you can delete the original project and change the project key and name of the new one to be exactly as it was. 

Best regards,

Vitali

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events