Required suggestions on Groups Cleaning Process

Sannayila, Vijaya May 24, 2023

Hello Team, 

I would like an analysis performed on all of the ~100 Jira groups currently in place. I would like to know the following for each group:
  1. Summary: What does the group do? What team/project(s) does it represent and where is it being used?
  2. Does the group have administrative access to Jira? My understanding is that there are at least 3 groups that do.
  3. Is the group active/contain active members that have signed into Jira within the last 6 months? If so, please mark as active. If not, please mark as inactive.
  4. How many active members are in the group? How many are inactive?
  5. What is the group associated with in Jira? -- Projects, Permission Schemes, etc.
    • You can ask Atlassian to help you with this by submitting a support request like Archana Thota had mentioned.
  6. What is your recommendation for the group?
    • Should we deactivate the group?
    • Should we consolidate it with another group due to similar associations/permissions

I request you to provide me some support.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Sannayila  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That is something that your Site Administrator will need to provide you. 

Sannayila, Vijaya May 30, 2023

Hello John - Thank you! I've  Site and Administrative Accesses kindly suggest me the best way to perform in Less span of time.

Thank you

Sannayila

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

For 1. you will probably just have to ask around to see who created the group and why they did it.

There's not a good way in Cloud to see all of the places that a group is being used. It would be really nice if you good. You might be able to attempt that through the API, but that is beyond my capabilities. 

Depending on how many permission schemes you have, you should be able to open each one up, do a CTRL F and search quickly if the group name shows up or not. 

Suggest an answer