Required field with another condition - how to?

Rumceisz April 11, 2013

Dear All,

we met a difficult request from a project lead in our Jira. They have a special project where the Time spent and work logging is hidden from everyone except a specific group. The specific group has to log time before resolving the issue. The problem is that other groups also resolve the issue but they don't have to log time.

If we set the work logging as a required field - i.e setting in the validation in the Resolve transition - then the other group cannot resolve the issue: because they are not able to see and edit the field.

So summarrising the issue here:

GroupA,B,C.... - can't see Work logs

GroupX - can see,edit work logs + they have to add work logs when transition status to resolved.

Is there a scripted condition here?

Please advise!

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

2 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Add following conditon (value field):

The field Σ Time Spent will have to be not equal to value NULL . Compared like String .

so the transition will not be visible until Time spent is set.

Cheers,

Udo

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Hey Rumi, as I see this pretty difficult... But, I think that the way to sort this out is to have another status. Will be like this:

GroupX has to Resolve the issue and register worklog and then when the issue is in Resolve status the GroupA,B,C... will know it's time to continue with the workflow.

Doesn't need to be necesarily those status. You can have a previous status that will be used by GroupX and then the GroupA,B,C... can use the Resolve transition.

Suggest an answer