Requests to an external third party application

Eddy Fras April 12, 2018

Hi,

I developed an application declared as an application link in Jira 7.5 to use oAuth mechanism and it works well.

It appears with a "Non-Atlassian" status in the Application Links configuration panel, saying "... We are unable to retrieve the status to third parties ...".

The problem is that Jira seems trying to retrieve a status because I now regularly receive requests from Jira on my service like these :

HTTP/1.1 GET /rest/applinks/latest/capabilities/STATUS_API" - 404 Not Found
HTTP/1.1 GET /rest/applinks/latest/manifest" - 404 Not Found
HTTP/1.1 GET /plugins/servlet/streams" - 404 Not Found

What do I have to answer to these requests ?

I can't find any documentation on what is expected from an external third party.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shaun S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hi Eddy,

Those endpoints are used by Atlassian applications to register application links, and perform health checks.  They are specifically used when two Atlassian applications are linked together. What you're seeing is Jira attempt to perform these checks which in turn results in the 404 error.  I suspect that you're also receiving application link related Health Check warnings when you log in as an administrator? These are the result of those endpoints not returning results. In situations where the linked application is another Atlassian application this helpful. In your case though it results in a false positive. 

At the moment there isn't a way to tell Jira to stop these requests.  I created a ticket for this behavior which can be found here for reference JSWSERVER-16013.  You can vote for the issue there and watch that page for updates.

Eddy Fras April 13, 2018

Thanks Shaun for your answer.

I voted for the issue, hope this will be resolved in future versions.

Suggest an answer